Friday, May 15, 2009

Lessons in Coupon Clipping

Yesterday, my daughter MP came to me proudly clutching a Papa Murphy's Pizza coupon she'd cut from a circular -- I'm guessing she found it buried in the towering stack of mail that has permanently taken up residence in the front hall.

Bills, bills, go away ...

"Look Mama," she said. "FIVE DOLLARS!"


Here's where I demonstrate I'm a complete sucker for the Teaching Moment.

"Yep," I replied. "It's a coupon that's WORTH five dollars. It means that when you buy a pizza, you give them the coupon and you get five dollars off the price. So, you don't have to spend as much money."

Here's where I swear I could look in her eyes and see the tiny five-year-old cogs turning.

"So," she said. "I'll give you the coupon, you get the pizza, and then you give me the five dollars."

And here's where I realize I could be raising the next Suze Orman ...

Or more likely, Al Capone.

Have you joined the Coupon Swap Group yet? They have a crazy popular Coupon Train going, and if coupons are your thing, you're not going to want to miss it!

2 comments: