Wednesday, October 28, 2009

THIS is what Swap Mamas is all about.

My wonderful Swap Mamas friend Shannon Geyer sent me these beautiful quotes today and because they perfectly illustrate the spirit of Swap Mamas I wanted to share.

Each small act of kindness reverberates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of the good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it is passed, until simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away. -Dean Koontz

Compassion is sometimes the fatal capacity for feeling what it is like to live inside somebody else's skin. It is the knowledge that there can never really be any peace and joy for me until there is peace and joy finally for you too.-Frederick Beuchner

In poverty and other misfortunes of life, true friends are a sure refuge. The young they keep out of mischief; to the old they are a comfort and aid in their weakness, and those in the prime of life they incite to noble deeds. -Aristotle

Thank you Shannon!

1 comment:

  1. I saw your comment on beads braids and beyond This is a great Idea you have here. I'll keep it i mind when I go back to the states (military family) Check out my blog http://mylittlerascals-letty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete